Take the Entrepreneur Test online to see if you have natural entrepreneurial potential.
What is it?
The entrepreneurial questionnaire is designed to assess the personality traits associated with entrepreneurial ability, in order to provide insight into the current qualities possessed by the candidate. It has been suggested that some people are naturally predisposed to success in this kind of career, due to characteristics of their personality which could affect decision making processes, attitude towards achieving goals and whether they are able to remain optimistic during difficulties. However, once aware of the key elements that accompany a successful entrepreneurial outlook, it is possible to improve upon those qualities, whether they come naturally to the individual or not.
The personality traits identified by the questionnaire are considered to be compatible with a prosperous entrepreneurial career are as follows:
- Achievement Striving, which refers to an individual’s intrinsic motivation and efficiency of work completion. For example, it could be suggested that someone interested in this area of career should be motivated by their desire to achieve goals and be able to use their time effectively in order to progress further. Entrepreneurs will usually be responsible for their own work hours and set their own deadlines meaning it would be easy to underachieve if they lack initiative, as there is no one to answer to when tasks are not completed.
- Industriousness is considered to be an indicator of levels of persistence and hardiness, the ability to overcome difficulties and to remain functional in stressful situations. It can also convey willingness to work hard and to offer additional efforts when required. Due to number of challenges and disappointments associated with building a successful business from the ground, it is important that the individual is able to persevere with various efforts or attempts in order to achieve success.
- Passion refers to one’s enthusiasm, personal commitment to achieving goals and extent to which they will go in order to get ahead. Being passionate about a business proposal or career can provide greater determination to accomplish objectives, as well as increasing the enjoyment gained from it. More often than not, those who possess an emotional affinity with their career of choice are more likely to succeed.
- Taking Control is linked to how far the individual believes themselves to have control over a situation and its outcomes, thus affecting their perception of positive and negative events. This idea originated from the psychological theory known as “Locus of control” which describes the way in which someone might credit certain events to themselves or to other external factors. For example, those who believe to have high levels of control are likely to attribute successes to their own abilities as opposed to luck.
- Creativity is indicative of how effectively one might generate new ideas, which is vital to an entrepreneur wishing to establish themselves within a niche market. The ability to continually revolutionise and build upon pre-existing concepts may help to produce a vast number of successful business models.
How can it help?
The summaries provided by the entrepreneur questionnaire will give the candidate an understanding of the strength of the characteristics they already possess, as well as a bearing on the areas that may require improvement, in order to aid in the development of a successful entrepreneurial career.